Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE MIDLIFE CRISIS TOUR 10/14

Okay, so it's already 10/14 and I have to get back on track with blogging because my life is obviously oh, so important.

I don't know if I remember how to write anymore and nothing major has been going on in my life these days...maybe I'll just make up stories at some point!  Whatever happens, I am now back in work mode, feeling great about life, excited to get myself back on a normal schedule/routine, and hope to find my goofy self again soon.

I just started a new job yesterday with American Media's Young Men's Network, which includes Men's Fitness, Playboy (yup...you read that correctly), and UFC Magazine. 

If you don't know UFC, it's all about Ultimate Fighting.  Apparently these "athletes" are their own celebs and there appears to be a whole other world of fashion within the sport that I've never seen before.  But mainly they wear crazy t-shirts with aggressive designs.  I had to laugh when I bought UFC mag before my interview last week, and the mag had a fighter with a bashed up, bloody face on the cover.

So Playboy and blood and guts.  And I LOVE IT!

And after taking the year off from training for anything, I hope and pray that Men's Fitness will help me lose the 8lbs I gained on food and booze...

Anyway, that's my DIRT, now here's yours...

Chile freed the last of 33 miners from imprisonment nearly half a mile underground late Wednesday. In other news, the epic rescue of the Chilean miners turned into a soap opera when Johnny Barrios went from 2,000 feet underground into the arms of his mistress while his wife boycotted. / NYP5, DN3, USATA1

David Arquette apologized on Twitter after mouthing off about his miserable marriage to Courteney Cox. Arquette said, "I went on Howard Stern yesterday to provide clarity and honesty about what I'm experiencing but shared too much. It's alright for me to be honest about my own feelings but some of the information I provided involved others and for that I am sorry and humbled." / NYP16

Police got unexpected help talking a suicidal man down from an Atlanta skyscraper on Wednesday when rapper T.I. showed up. Officers said the man agreed to come down in exchange for a few minutes face-to-face with T.I. / AP, NYP20, DN8

Jonathan Franzen's "Freedom," the year's most highly praised and talked about literary novel, was not among the fiction finalists announced on Wednesday for the National Book Awards. / AP, DN9, USATD1

Lindsay Lohan was caught trying to sneak out of the Betty Ford Center in California to buy a Coca-Cola, which is banned in the rehab clinic. / NYP7

A sergeant shot five times during last year's rampage at Fort Hood said on Wednesday that he recalled lying on the floor and locking eyes with Maj. Nidal Hasan after the Army psychiatrist cried out "Allahu Akbar" and unleashed a burst of gunfire into a crowd of soldiers. / NYP11

Katy Perry and Russell Brand are secretly planning to fly 85 guests to their exotic wedding at the end of the month. "The wedding will be themed, with guests asked to all wear the same color," according to a source. / NYP16

The lineup is set for Paula Abdul's upcoming show, "Live to Dance." CBS announced on Wednesday that the show will be hosted by Andrew Gunsberg, co-host of the Australian version of "American Idol." / NYP80

A retrial date has been set in a Los Angeles civil case brought by two lawyers against a defunct charter jet company and its owner over the secret videotaping of Michael Jackson and his attorneys during a 2003 flight. / AP

Gregg Allman is set to release his first solo record in 14 years. The album, "Low Country Blues" will be out on Jan. 18. / USATD1

Toby Keith's "Bullets in the Gun" shoots to No. 1 on Billboard's album chart, selling 71,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. / USATD1

John Mayer attended an after-party at the SoHo Grand for the film "Conviction" in New York City. The singer joined Courtney Love, Paul Haggis, Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank and Betty Anne Waters at the party. / NYP17

World travel "broadens your horizons," actor Liev Schreiber told the crowd, while hosting the Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Awards in New York City. / DN9

Patricia Field will be a guest host at Susanne Bartsch's "Bloody Mary" Halloween bash at Good Units at the Hudson Hotel, according to sources. / NYP17

Donna Karan is keeping the catering in-house for the fundraiser she's hosting on Monday for First Lady Michelle Obama. Karan's personal chef is cooking for expected guests, Tory Burch, Harvey Weinstein, Sarah Jessica Parker and Michael Kors at her Greenwich Village home. / NYP16

Gerard Butler showed up unexpectedly at the Cinema Society in New York City. He attended an after-party for Hilary Swank's "Conviction" on Tuesday, guests included, John Mayer, Jennifer Aniston, Ricky van Veen and Robbie Brown. / DN9

Chelsea Handler will star in a spinoff series of "After Lately," a show modeled somewhat on HBO's 1990s series, "The Larry Sanders Show." / NYP81

Niche Media's Jason Binn will host his 10th annual Gotham Gala with Mary J. Blige and Ed Westwick at Capitale on Thursday night. / NYP17

The Presidency of John F. Kennedy: A 50th Anniversary Celebration will be held on Jan. 20 at the Kennedy Center in Washington. Among the performers and presenters: Julie Andrews, Harolyn Blackwell, Herbie Hancock, Yo-Yo Ma, Lorne Michaels, Brian Stokes Mitchell and Paul Simon. / USATD1

"Twilight" star Kellan Lutz, enjoyed the company of some lovely ladies at the Skylight Studio in New York City. / DN9
 

No comments:

Post a Comment