Tuesday, August 3, 2010

THE MIDLIFE "CRISIS" TOUR 8/3

I MISS MY ROOMMATE!

Just sayin'.

Congrats to my buddy, Rob, and his wife, Pam...today's their 14th wedding anniversary and I guess it shows that there are people out there who are still happily married!

HUGE congrats to DIRTy reader, April, who finished her first half marathon in 2:17...that is incredible and she's my idol for kicking booty in that race!!!

So I have a confession to make...I was supposed to do a 2-mile swim from Hermosa Beach Pier to Manhattan Beach Pier on Sunday morning at 9am, but sort of got a little out of control on Saturday and sort of was dry heaving on Sunday morning and was too hung over to make it to the race.

This is the first time I've been so irresponsible and the first time I missed a race (other than one sprint tri last year during what I thought was a hurricane...I still cannot believe the event was held during that storm).

The odd thing about it is that I really didn't care that I was bagging on the race.  I'm not sure if it's because I felt like I didn't have anyone I needed to prove something to (I used to think that if I did better in the races, that the husband would like me more), or if it just didn't matter because I didn't have anyone waiting for me at the finish line.

I also haven't been in training mode for the half marathon on October 24th and I'm not sure if I just don't feel competitive anymore, if I'm going back into depression and don't care about anything, or if I'm just finally losing my bitterness over the ex and his baby girl with big gums.  All is to be figured out, I suppose.

Or perhaps I'm overanalyzing everything too much and my body is just tired!

I'm back to talking to my NJ cop again.  Me thinks it can't be a good idea, but darn if I don't really like that guy...

That's my crap, now here's everyone else's DIRT:

(OPENS WITH A BACHELORETTE SPOILER, BUT WITH ALL THE MEDIA OUT THERE, YOU ARE REALLY WORKING HARD TO HIDE FROM THIS IF I'M THE ONE SPOILING IT FOR YOU...)


Ali Fedotowsky got the happy ending she was waiting for last night when Roberto Martinez proposed to her on the season finale of "The Bachelorette."  / NYP61

Charlie Sheen's plea deal with prosecutors allowed him to avoid jail time for an assault on his wife and also won't require him to do public service around the tony resort town of Aspen.   The "Two and a Half Men" actor pleaded guilty Monday to misdemeanor third-degree assault in exchange for prosecutors dropping two other more serious charges, including a felony charge of menacing. He was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management. / AP, NYP11, DN3, USAT1D

Ellen DeGeneres couldn't be talked into staying with "American Idol," a Fox executive said yesterday, creating a second opening for change in the show's 10th season. According to the exec, there are currently no deals signed on either side of the camera. / AP, NYP60, DN64, USAT1D

Before going to jail two weeks ago, Lindsay Lohan posed for a series of sizzling photos for Maxim magazine. Lohan told the magazine that she plans to re-devote herself to work in the next year, while mixing in some international travel.  In other news, Judge Marsha Revel made the last minute switch to a substance abuse program at UCLA's Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital over concerns that visitors might be able to pass contraband to the troubled actress.  / NYP3, DN5, USAT1D

After leaving Chelsea Clinton's wedding, former first brother Roger Clinton crashed a wedding after-party at the Rhinebeck Hotel, where he was "being a creep to all the ladies." / DN9

Frank Sinatra Jr., the 32-year-old grandson of Frank Sinatra, was rushed to a California emergency room yesterday after a failed suicide attempt.  / DN3

Jury selection will resume in the Anna Nicole Smith drug conspiracy case after most prospective jurors were eliminated during the first round of questioning.  Superior Court Judge Robert Perry ordered another group to report Tuesday after attorney challenges excluded all but a few of the first 60 perspective jurors to be questioned. / AP

Kourtney Kardashian has plans to expand the family business.  The reality star was spotted scouting locations for a NYC branch of Dash.  She checked out a space on West 14th Street near the Apple store and Abe & Arthur's. / NYP10

"Glee" co-creator Ryan Murphy thought he was being "punked" when a fan note arrived from Paul McCartney. But Murphy discovered that the pop legend is an admirer of the hit Fox TV show and wants his music to be part of it. McCartney enclosed a mix of some of his tunes, including "Michelle," and asked Murphy to consider using them on the series about high school misfits in a glee club. / AP

Ashley Greene has been telling pals that she wants to spend more time in New York in hopes to eventually become "bicoastal." The "Twilight" actress was spotted checking out a pad at Port 10 at West 28thStreet. / NYP10

Rihanna, Nelly, Ashanti, Ke$ha, Jermaine Dupri, Usher and Jamie Foxx were all on hand at the weekend nuptials of T.I. and Tameka "Tiny" Cottle. / NYP10

Christina Hendricks tells the upcoming issue of British GQ that she never quite felt like she "fit in."  "It's as if I was invisible before 'Mad Men,'" the actress says. "Now people come up and say: 'God I love the show, I'm so-and-so,' and I'm like, 'I know, I had dinner with you three years ago.'" /NYP61

A movie production company in Brazil says Sylvester Stallone owes nearly $2.2 million for its work on "The Expendables" last year. In a statement, O2 does not specify what work it did but says it was not a co-producer on the project. / AP

Russell Brand borrowed a new Lamborghini from a Manhattan dealer to go for a spin last week, however the actor was left "shell shocked" after the car wound up getting hit by a truck.  Despite cuts and bruises, the actor refused to go to the emergency room.  The Lamborghini sustained an estimated $9,300 in damage. In other news, Brand had a guy's night out on Sunday at Avenue. "Girls were throwing themselves all over Brand," says a witness.  "He ignored them." / NYP11, NYP7

Julia Roberts, Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt and the rest of the cast and crew of "Eat, Pray, Love" were rewarded for their hard work promoting the film with a dinner at a private residence in Napa Valley. / DN9

Sandra Bullock has reportedly been shopping for a home in the Los Feliz section of Los Angeles. / DN9

Soon after news broke that Scarlett Johansson had verbally agreed to star in the survival flick "Gravity," Blake Lively approached the director in hopes to snag the role for herself before Johansson inked the deal. / DN9

Former "One Tree Hill" star Hilarie Burton took a break from Hollywood leading up to the birth of her son with boyfriend Jeffrey Dean Morgan. In keeping with her private ways, Burton wouldn't confirm their son's name or birth date. / AP

Russell Simmons was spotted in his white convertible Volkswagen Beetle, getting pulled over by East Hampton cops on Further Lane. / NYP10

WhatCourtneyWoreToday.com, a blog documenting the outfits of Courtney Love has been launched with the approval of Courtney Love herself.  "It's kind of vain and stuff," Love says of the site "I'm showing off my wardrobe, I mean of course it is." / NYP31-33

Today, Macy's launches "Material Girl," a new junior's line that is a collaboration between Madonna and her 13-year-old daughter Lourdes, who goes by the name Lola. / NYP28

"True Blood" star Joe Manganiello has bonded with the wolf that plays the canine side of his character - so much so that he recently began taking his co-star on walks.  The actor plays werewolf Alcide on the series. A North American Timber Wolf named Thunder is his canine counterpart.  Manganiello says Thunder is on a giant chain while they walk to ensure that the animal doesn't get spooked and run away. / AP

The late Swedish author's multimillion-selling Millennium trilogy will be released in a cased set Nov. 26. It will feature hardcovers of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and its two successors, a collection of essays about Larsson and e-mails between Larsson and his editor in Sweden. / AP

Tom Mankiewicz, the screenwriter of such James Bond films as "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Live and Let Die" and the first two "Superman" movies, has died in Los Angeles at 68./ AP

Mitch Miller, the star of "Sing Along with Mitch," died yesterday at the age of 99. / DN18, USAT1D. AP

No comments:

Post a Comment